Saturday, May 2, 2015

I swear I'm BACK!

I know I was gone for a long time, school does that to ya. I am gonna get back into hopefully a steady swing of posts, especially with summer fast approaching.

Quick catch up on what has been going on in my life!
Internship was AWESOME! I got so much experience and it was just overall enlightening. If anything, it just shoved me further into my passion for baking. I even got invited back for full time, HOWEVER, I decided to do something even more exciting!

I'm getting my bachelors!

Backing up a little, I graduate in roughly 20 days (oh man!) with my associates, majoring in Baking and Pastry Arts, as you know. And it's amazing, super excited and I cannot wait. However, with my plans of opening my own business, I decided the best thing for me, would get my bachelors. In what you may be asking. In Food Service Entrepreneurship! I want to get the business down for running my own bakery and so I am going to spend 2 more years of my life going to college and learning it! It will be a LOT of hard work, but it will be so worth it. Plus, if I for some reason cannot find a job in baking after I graduate, I will at least have that degree to help me find something to do.

In other news, life is so great! I am pushing forward, about to graduate, have amazing friends and family, and just am great! Not too much else is happening right now, not with graduation fast approaching, just trying to straighten things out for the fall and then for the summer some what. Things are pretty good, a little stressful at times, but mostly good.

I will be posting sometime this week a big 'what I've been up to' post with a bunch of pictures and things from my classes here. However, I don't have the time right now (It's almost midnight and I am exhausted) so I will give you a quick sneak peak!!


This photo is my pride and joy of this year so far. My wedding cake final for Advanced Specialty Cakes class. I absolutely love it and so that is my teaser for this post and I PROMISE sometime soon (most likely tomorrow) I will be making/posting a catch up post of all I have been doing with a few tips (not a lot because I don't have how to pictures to show). 

Hopefully this summer I will be able to get back into a lot of at home baking and show you how to do some things. Also, I may even try selling the cupcakes in a jar again. I just got so busy with my internship I never got the chance. So, fingers crossed I may be able to do it this summer. 

Thank you all for being so loyal and just supporting me! I am so sorry for disappearing and I swear I am going to try really hard to stay at it again and keep posting. 

Stay Awesome guys! 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment